Grand Marnier Cupcakes
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Line 2 cupcake baking pan (24 cupcakes) with paper baking cups.
2 cups unbleached cake flour (e.g. King Arthur Flour)
1 cup almond meal (e.g. Bob's Red Mill)
1 cup cane sugar
1 teaspoon kosher salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1. Combine all dry ingredients on large bowl.
2. Whisk by hand until thoroughly mixed.
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup sour cream
3 large eggs, slightly beaten
1/4 cup orange liquor, such as Grand Marnier or Contreau
1 cup unsalted butter, melted
1. Whisk together milk and sour cream until well blended.
2. Add beaten eggs and whisk until combined.
3. Add orange liquor and whisk until combined.
4. Add melted butter and whisk until all liquid ingredients are well blended.
1. Pour moist ingredients into dry ingredients.
2. Whisk by hand vigorously for about 2 minutes (120-200 whisks).
3. Pour with a large spoon into cupcake molds, filling to about 3/4 full. You should have enough batter for exactly 24 cupcakes.
4. Bake in preheated oven for about 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or the tops of the cakes spring back when lightly touched.
5. Let cool in baking pans on top of a wire rack.
1 cup of heavy cream
8 oz high quality bittersweet chocolate
1. Heat milk until it starts simmering. Pour into chocolate and let rest until chocolate is melted.
2. Mix until combined and let rest until it cools to room temperature.
3. Whisk by hand until it lightens and is fluffy.
1. Pipe or frost ganache into cupcake tops.
2. Decorate tops w/ anything you like to make it festive.