2 cups all-purpose unbleached flour
1 1/2 cups stoneground cornmeal
1 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon fresh ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup chopped raisins
1 cup canned pumpkin
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the first 9 ingredients (flour to raisins).
- Stir untilwell blended
- Melt the butter and whisk with pumpkin and vanilla extract.
- Whisk eggs into pumpkin mixture.
- Add pumpkin mixture to dry ingredients, stirring until moistened.
- Knead dough into 2 loaves, 14-18" long.
- Place, separated, on cookie sheet and bake for 25 minutes.
- Let cool.
- Cut loaves into 1/2" slices (biscotti shaped).
- Place slices back in pan and bake again in a 300 degrees F oven for 15 minutes.
1 1/3 cups all-purpose unbleached flour
1 1/3 cups stoneground cornmeal
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
10 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 cup dried cranberries, rinsed, drained and then chopped
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
zest of 1 lemon